You see outbound web service messages with error "ICM_HTTP_SSL_ERROR".
Full error message "Error accessing service; Service Ping ERROR: Error when calling SOAP Runtime functions: SRT: Processing error in Internet Communication Framework: ("ICF Error when receiving the response: ICM_HTTP_SSL_ERROR") ()"
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Application and User Management Work Center.
- Open the Business Communication Monitoring View.
- You see outbound messages with the error described above.
There a possible 3 different root causes:
- The certificate chain (root and intermediate certificates) of the server host is missing in the certificate trust list.
- The server firewall does not accept the inbound calls from BYD IP address.
- You are trying to connect using a non-standard (not 443) HTTPS port.
1.Steps to upload the root/intermediate target server certificates:
- Go to Administrator and select Common Tasks
- Click on Edit Certificate Trust List
- Upload the root and intermediate certificates from the server host
2. Step to whitelist the C4C inbound IP Address:
- Contact your network admin and ask to whitelist the BYD outbound IP range as mentioned in the KBA: 2570539.
3. Please test the connection using HTTPS port 443.
- In case you cannot use standard port 443, raise an SAP Incident asking if BYD operations team can open the required target port (this will be evaluated internally and might take several days).
Service Ping ERROR; outbound message failing; communication failing; , KBA , LOD-CRM-INT-ERP , Integration of C4C with ERP , Problem