You are to trying to release time sheet entry. When releasing it, an error occurred. Error: Save failed. Financial accounting is closed on DD.MM.YYYY. Change not permitted; close screen. Accounting-relevant data would also be changed. Check whether you can enter time confirmation without accounting attributes.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Log in as employee.
- Go to the Home work center.
- Go to the Self-Service Overview work center.
- Click Edit Time Sheets.
- Select time entries from DD.MM.YYYY to DD.MM.YYYY.
- Click Release.
- Go to the Time Administration work center.
- Click Time Sheet view.
- Search for the relevant employee.
- Go to the relevant calendar week.
- Click Release > All.
- Go to the Time Administration Work center.
- Go to the Employees view.
- Edit the relevant employee and go to Time Profile tab.
- Select Time Account Rules tab.
- Change the Deviating Accrual Rate field and save.
A possible cause is that there was a change in the labour resource, org unit, or in the job ID.
- The employee was associated with a job valid from DD.MM.YYYY. He was assigned to this job on DD.MM.YYYY which was a backdated change effective from DD.MM.YYYY. During this assignment period, the employee recorded times for the labour resource. Labour resource XXX is for cost center YYY and job ZZZ (where XXX is the labour resource, YYY is the cost center, and ZZZ is the job).
- On the DD.MM.YYYY, the job assignment was changed to ZZZ effective from DD.MM.YYYY. Times recorded and released for DD.MM.YYYY now show different labour resource XXX which is for different cost centre YYY and different job ZZZ.
- However, when releasing time recordings, the system starts a full valuation from DD.MM.YYYY and detects a delta with the labour resource due to the backdated change from one job ZZZ to another job ZZZ. So, now the system is trying to cancel the existing times posted to projects and accounting with the old Labour resource and trying to re-post again with the new labour resource. Since the accounting periods are closed, you are getting the error message.
This is the expected system behavior.
If you make changes to the Time Profile split, it will trigger a time valuation. This valuation will go back all the way to the start of the Time Profile. If any of the records have changes (for example, labour resources), the system throws the error as it is trying to change them, but it cannot be done due to the financial period being closed.
There are two options for resolution:
- You can try to copy the existing time profile and save it in the Time Administration work center and then you can try to release the time.
- You can also try to open the accounting periods.
We are working on changing this system behaviour in one of the next releases.
financial period blocked, releasing time, approving time, change deviating accrual rate , KBA , releasing time , financial period blocked , change deviating accrual rate , approving time , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , AP-TIM-TIM , Employee Time , How To