- Problem with Charts options
- "Exclude Selected Data Points" option does not appear in Charts after a Filter is applied
- SAP Analytics Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a new story
- Add a chart with data
- Save story
- View story
- Click the chart (bars, lines, dots, etc.) and apply selection as filter
- Click the chart again and notice Exclude option is not seen anymore
This is an expected behaviour and was introduced starting in Wave 08 (QRC).This is intended to prevent a user from inadvertently removing all data from the chart by excluding all data-points which will also clear any filters on the same dimension when merged with the exclusion and prevent a filter from being reset by a view-time user.
User can interact with the "Filter" subtitle to interact with filters.
Enabling Filter Subtitle
- Be in Edit mode
- Select your chart
- Click the "More Actions" menu () >> "Show/Hide" >> "Chart Details" >> "Filter" should be checked
Now, during run time, when a filter is applied to the chart, you have the option to modify or remove the filter by interacting with the "Filter" subtitle. When no filter is applied, the filter subtitle is hidden.
Filter, Exclude, un-filter,Advanced filtering , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , Problem