- You are trying to release Withholding Tax Return XXX (where XXX represents the withholding tax return ID) for India.
- An error related to a Supplier Invoice appears: "Source document ABC (where ABC represents the Supplier Invoice) reported in Tax Return XXX not posted".
- You verify that the Supplier invoice is posted (for example via the Document flow by checking the JournaL Entry icon).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Tax Management Work Center - Withholding Tax Returns view.
- Show Tax Returns in Preparation.
- Highlight Tax Return ID XXX and press Release.
The Error Message "Source document ABC reported in Tax Return XXX not posted" appears.
In the Supplier Invoice line items exist with different Ship To and the Delivery Address details. For India, all Invoice items must have the same location details.
- You have to cancel Supplier Invoice ABC and create two separate invoices per Ship to and Delivery address.
- After the different invoices are posted, cancel the existing Withholding Tax Return XXX.
- Schedule the Withholding Tax Return run again to create a new Withholding Tax Return ID YYY (where YYY represents the new Withholding Tax Return ID).
- Release the newly created Withholding Tax Return ID YYY.
The Error Message no longer appears.
India Withholding Tax, State, Ship To and Delivery Address Different, release Withholding Tax Return for India, Source document in Tax Return not posted , KBA , SRD-FIN-GLO-TAX , GLO - Tax Declaration , How To