- You download a Plan version from Microsoft Excel, for example, the New Expense and Income Statement Plan template.
- Once filled you save the data to upload it into the system and receive the message '1 Record(s) saved successfully to SAP Business ByDesign'.
- However, in the Planning view of the Cost and Revenue work center your new Financial Plan is not visible.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Pre-Condition: You are using the most recent Microsoft Excel Add-in for SAP Business ByDesign.
- Open the Planning file, for example, for the Expenses and Income Statement planning template.
- In the template header enter the mandatory data and also enter Description ABC (ABC represents the specific description of your Financial Plan).
- From the SAP Business ByDesign tab log into the system.
- Press Save Data To.
The message '1 Record(s) saved successfully to SAP Business ByDesign' appears.
Now check the Planning view of the Cost and Revenue work Center: The new Financial Plan ABC is not shown here.
This can have several reasons.
- One of the maintained Cost Centers might not be available in the Organizational Structure of the Company in the defined planning period.
- You maintained Zero amounts for some of the periods.
- You selected the "Set as default Plan version" checkbox even though there already exists a default version in the system.
- In the Header Data, for example, in the Set of Books field, there might be a Spelling mistake.
- The Plan Version cell is maintained with lower case characters.
1. First Check for Spelling Mistakes in the Header Data as well as in the complete Planning table to ensure that all IDs and Organizational unit names are spelled and maintained correctly.
- Cost Center Validity:
- If the Cost Center does exist and was not spelled incorrectly in the file, go to the Org Structures view of the Organizational Management work center.
- In the Currently selected date field enter a date of a period for which you maintained planning data.
- Check if all Cost centers used in the Planning file are available on this date.
- If there are Cost Centers not available, either amend their validity in the Org Structure or enter a different Cost Center into your Planning file.
- Zero Amounts:
- Open the Excel File with the Planning Data.
- Scroll to the Cost Center with Zero Values for some Months.
- Delete the Zero Values and leave them Empty.
- Default Plan Version: If Planning versions have already been uploaded to the system it is possible that one of them was already marked as Default Plan version.
- Therefore, deselect the 'Set as Default Plan Version'
- Once you verified that all values, amounts, IDs and names are correct go to the SAP Business ByDesign tab and press Save Data to.
- After the message '1 Record(s) saved successfully to SAP Business ByDesign' appeared, check if the new Financial Plan ABC now appears in the Planning view of the Cost and Revenue Workcenter.
- Set of Books spelling:
Double-check and correct the Set of Books name.
- Plan Version Cell:
Only use upper case characters to spell the Plan Version, such as YYYY_BUDGET.
If the Planning data still does not appear here, report an Incident to the SAP Cloud Product Support.
Planning Data missing, Excel Add-In, Excel Plan Data, Plan Data successfully uploaded, Planwerte, Planwerte erfolgreich geladen , KBA , SRD-FIN-FIP , Planning , Problem