How to use Custom Web Fonts for use in Stories in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC):
- "There was a problem with the provided URL. Please check the URL and try again" when attempting to add Custom Web Fonts in "System > Administration > Default Appearance" page
- "Your font has become invalid, please try re-adding the font" after successfully adding a Custom Web Font
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2020.8.9+
Reproducing the Issue
- Log in to SAP Analytics Cloud
- Navigate to Menu > System > Adminstration > Default Appearance > Story Fonts
- Follow the Using Custom Web Fonts Guide
Please make sure to follow the Using Custom Web Fonts Guide. If you still receive error messages please check the following;
If you are using your own properierty web font please make sure your web server hosting your Font Declaration(.css) and font (eg. woff2) files contain the "Access-Control-Allow-Origin" (CORS) header set to either * or your SAP Analytics Cloud tenant URL as shown in the screenshot below;
To check this, please open the Google Chrome Developer Tools and navigate to the Network tab when accessing the .css and .woff2 files directly in your browser.
If this is missing, please contact your Web Server Administrator to resolve this, as this is currently not in the scope of SAP Product Support.
Supported Content Types
When using properierty web fonts, please make sure the "Content-Type" shown in the example picture above, is one of the supported types below;
If a different Content-Type is used, please contact your Web Server Administrator to resolve this, as this is currently not in the scope of SAP Product Support.
Custom Font is no longer shown in Stories
- In order for SAP Analytics Cloud to display the Custom Web Font in your browser, both font declaration file and font file should be reachable by the browser you are accessing SAC from.
- However, Google Chrome can cache the font for up to a year in some cases, so it is possible that the "Your font has become invalid, please try re-adding the font" error message is displayed when the Custom Web Font is still visible in the SAC story.
Custom Font is not shown in the Mobile App versions of SAP Analytics Cloud, or when Exporting to PDF
- Currently, Custom Web Fonts are not supported for the Mobile App versions of SAC, or when exporting to PDF from a browser
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped , KBA , LOD-ANA-ADM , SAC Administration , Problem