In the material master data under the additional data you can maintain 'Basic data texts'. When you have these maintained and you create a Purchase Requisition, the text will copy over to the 'Item Text' (B01) when you create a Purchase Requisition using the 'Create Purchase Requisition - Advanced' or the 'Manage Purchase Requisition Professional' APPs. However when you use the 'Create Purchase Requisitions' APP, these texts are not visible to the user when creating Purchase Requisitions.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud All versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the change material tile (MM02)
- Choose > Basic Data 1 > Additional Data
- In the Basic Data Text TAB enter a text in your language
- Open the Create Purchase Requisitions (Me51n) tile
- Enter the Material and Plant and press return
- Navigate to the TEXTS TAB, 'The texts are copied to the item Text type'.
- Carry out the same steps using the 'Create Purchase Requisitions' APP.
- The 'Item Text' field is empty.
Standard System Behaviour.
The 'Create Purchase Requisitions' APP (SSP) is intended to be used by casual users. For this reason, texts are not made available during the create process, they are determined during the save only and will be visible in the saved Purchase Requisition.
Texts are visible during the create process when using the 'Create Purchase Requisition - Advanced' or the 'Manage Purchase Requisition Professional' APPs.
STXH, SELECT_TEXT, SAPLSTXD, READ_TEXT, T165P, LMEREQF27 , KBA , MM-FIO-PUR-REQ-SSP , Fiori UI for Self Service Procurement , MM-PUR-REQ , Purchase Requisitions , Problem