When you copy an item in a purchase order ABC, you can see that the Account Assignment Type cannot be edited.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Select the work center Purchase Requests and Orders.
- Select the view Purchase Order.
- Search, open and view all the purchase order ABC.
- Go to Items Tab.
- Select one item that you wish to copy.
- Click Copy >> This will create a new item.
- Select this newly created item.
- Click the sub-tab Account Assignment.
From here, you can see that the Account Assignment Type cannot be edited.
- In the purchase order ABC, you are trying to copy an item which has multiple cost assignment (MCA) and a reference to a Purchase Request.
- In this case, we do not allow the change of assignment.
- As part of design, based on the account assignment data, we would create the GSA items in case of MCA.
- For example: 90% CC1 and 10% of CC2, then we would have 2 GSA items and this would be posted to Accounting.
- Now changing the same in purchase order, per example from CC to PRO, would result in posting to different ledgers than that of what was requested as part of Shopping cart and/or Purchase Request.
- The same issue would not happen should you want to copy an item which has only one Account Assignment.
Purchase Order, Account Assignment cannot be edited, Multiple Cost Assignment, Copying an Item. , KBA , AP-SRM-FND , AP SRM Foundation , How To