- You are trying to Set Filter on the Attribute column added to the report.
- You are trying to find the Attribute in the selection screen or under the available fields when you click on Filter.
SAP Business By Design
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Analytics -> Design Reports.
- Open any Report. For Example let us consider the standard report Account Contact Data.
- Execute the Report. Go to View Section.
- In the Row Fields section, Click on (+) Add Fields to Row.
- Add a characteristic and its Attribute to the report. For Example : Account characteristic and its attribute Industry.
- Now Go to the attribute, Industry column in the report. Click on the column header.
- Choose Set Filter. You will get only the value list of the characteristic Account and not the attribute industry.
The current system design will not allow you to filter on Attributes. You can filter only on the characteristics added to the report.
You can add the attribute as a characteristic to the report. Follow the steps given below.
- Execute the Report.
- In the top left corner, Click on Configure -> Add Fields.
- In the pop up window search for the attribute . (Example : Industry).
- Check the checkboxes for Display in Report and Display in Selection.
- Click on OK.
- Now in the Row Fields, you will find the attribute added as characteristic. (It will be available as Industry (Account)).
You can now set filter on this column where the attribute is added as characteristic. Also this field will be availble under Filter in the selection screen. It allow you to filter the values.
Filter, Attribute, Selection, Value help, Set Filter, Filter, characteristic , Add Fields , Add Fields to rows, Column filter, Inaccurate, Wrong Values , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To