Exception "The receipt document is missing or invalid" appears when posting intercompany supplier invoice.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Supplier Invoicing work center
- Go to Invoices and Credit Memos view
- Search for respective supplier invoice
- Go to Exceptions tab
You will see the exception: Missing Receipt or Return Document - Error Message "The receipt document is missing or invalid."
One of the reason for this exception is that there is a miscommunication happened in the system, making the Invoice has no receipt document, even though it was coming from a valid inbound delivery.
You can correct the miscommunication by preforming a dummy change in the invoice by doing following steps:
- Open the supplier invoice that has the exception of receipt missing
- View All
- Go to Items tab
- Select the item
- Go to Basic Data sub tab
- Scroll down to section “Buyer References”
- There is no field “Goods Receipt ID” below the field “Order Migrated Code”, it should be there with the receipt document.
- Now you change the field ‘Order Migrated Code’ from blank to ‘Not Migrated’ (don't save!)
- Now you erase the ‘Not Migrated’ from the field leaving it blank again
- Click anywhere in the screen
- Then, the field “Goods Receipt ID” will show up with the related document (now you can save).
Internal Intercompany Supplier Invoice, Missing Receipt or Return Document, The receipt document is missing or invalid , KBA , AP-SIP , Supplier Invoice Processing , Problem