You have created a third party scenario and the Purchase Order is automatically created from the Purchase Request.
You have configured the Employee work distribution rule, Organizational Work Distribution Rule and also maintained BC activity"Involved Parties for Purchase Requests and Orders". All the configuration is correctly maintained,but the buyer responsible is still not determined.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Purchase Requests and Orders work center
- Select Purchase Orders
- Search for the third party purchase order
- Under General Tab, the purchasing unit and buyer responsible field is empty
You have configured that the Buyer responsible for the purchase order to be picked from the preceding document Purchase request in BC activity.
But in Purchase request, the Purchasing Unit is not determined, hence the Buyer Responsible also could not be determined.
In Organizational Work Distribution Rule, you have maintained the wrong responsible org unit which does not belong to the buying company of the Purchase request. Hence system was not able to identify the correct responsible org unit and thus the buyer responsible was not determined.
1.The buyer responsible or purchasing unit is as per determination rules maintained in BC activity"Involved Parties for Purchase Requests and Orders"
2.System determines the employee responsible for the following purchase documents only:
- Automatically created purchase requests
- Automatically and manually created purchase orders with reference to a purchase request
- manually created purchase order without reference to purchase request but is created by user who has purchasing unit assigned.
3.System selects the Buyer responsible field based on the following two work distribution rules :
- Organizational Work Distribution rule - This distribution rule is used to determine the Purchasing Unit .
- Employee Work Distribution rule - In this distribution rule you can define the employee based on a purchasing unit or for all purchasing unit IDs.
4.The following are the steps to maintain the work distribution rules for the above two.
- Organizational Work Distribution Rule :
- Go to the Organizational Management work center.
- Go to the Work Distribution view and select the