When trying to perform Undo-Release of an Outbound Delivery, system throws below error:
Error: Neg. stock not permitted in custodian ABC material XYZ, identified stock PQR. ( i.e. ABC is a Custodian ID, XYZ is a Material ID and PQR is an Identified stock ID ).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Outbound Logistics workcenter
- Go to Outbound Deliveries view
- Find required Outbound Delivery ID.
- Select and choose Undo-Release.
- System throws error message
The outbound delivery can’t be undo released as some of the custodian stock that this delivery had posted is now consumed/ fully consumed therefore when user tries to undo release this delivery, the stock for those product/istock combination becomes negative.
If material is fully consumed against the project stock order, first perform below steps to take the stock back :-
- Go to Project Management Workcenter.
- Go to Project Stock Orders view.
- Go to Show by Documents and find the required ID.
- Select and Edit it and navigate to Consumption History subtab.
- Perform Cancel Consumption.
- Once it is done, it is reversed and get the stock back.
Once it is done, if the user wishes to return the non-consumed stock back to the warehouse, it can be done in the following manner:
- Post-change of Pre-Delivered stock.
- Go to the Physical Inventory work center.
- Go to Common Task by specifying the Custodian and the Product information (with Istock, if required) without changing the quantity.
- This will remove the project tagging against the allocated quantity.
- Now to post parts return, go to the Inbound Logistics work center.
- Go to Common Tasks view -> New Parts Return Notification and use the reference of the Outbound Delivery which was created at the time of allocation.
- This will remove the custodian tagging against the allocated stock, and bring the quantity back in the desired LoA.
- Now perform Undo-Release of required Outbound Delivery.
Neg. stock not permitted in custodian material identified stock , undo-release, Pre-Delivered, Cancel consumption, Project Stock Order, Custodian, Product, Allocation , KBA , custodian , neg. stock not permitted in custodian , undo-release , pre-delivered , cancel consumption , project stock order, , product , allocation , AP-IP-INV , Inventory , Problem