You defined a field as read only on Master Layout, when you check the page layout, read only property is not selected, however the field remains as read only.
SAP Cloud for Customer.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to e.g Accounts view (applicable for any view of the system).
- Start Adaptation mode.
- Select field ABC (ABC is the field where you would like to add the property).
- Select the checkbox of read only property.
- Field will be defined as read only.
- Go to Layouts and select layout XYZ (XYZ is one of your page layouts).
- The read only property is not selected, however the field remains as read only.
If the field is checked on master layout, even checked or not on page layout, the setup of master will always prevail, side panel is reading the page layout related changes and if there is none, so checkbox is unchecked (by default).
So the selection of master layout is not reflected to page layout adaptation.
This feature is not supported in the current release of SAP Cloud for Customer.
An alternative option may be to check the SAP Cloud for Customer Ideas Forum to submit an idea.
KBA , AP-RC-UIF-FLX , Page Layout & Key User Configuration , How To