The material description is maintained in desired language for a material in app "Manage Product Master Data". However, when logging on to the system in this language and creating a sales order, the material in the item doesn't display its description in this language.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Maintain the material description for a material in desired language in app "Manage Product Master Data".
- Logon to the system in this language.
- Create a sales order in app "Create Sales Orders - VA01".
- Input the target material but it doesn't display in the desired language.
By standard design, the language of the material description is determined by some priorities as stated in Resolution part.
When creating or changing a sales order, the language of the material description is determined by the following 3 steps with priority.
- If the material also has the description in the same language as that of the sold-to party, the material description will be determined as the language of the sold-to party.
- If the material doesn't have the description in the language of the sold-to party, the material description will pick the language of the sales organization.
- If no sales organization language is determined, the system will use the logon language.
2887134 - Material description determination in sales order
Manage Sales Orders, VA01, Material Description, Language, Sales Order, Language Determination, Manage Product Master Data, MM01, Create Sales Orders - VA01 , KBA , SD-SLS-SO , Sales Orders , SD-SLS , Sales , LO-MD-BP , Business Partners , Problem