When creating a Registered Product out of an Installed Base, you notice that the field Customer is not available in the Registered Product creation screen, even though it is available when creating the same Registered Product via the Products work center.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Installed Base work center.
- Navigate to Installed Base work center view.
- Open any Installed Base.
- Navigate to Items tab.
- Click Add Item.
- Select Root-Level New Registered Product.
- In the Registered Product creation screen, notice that the field Customer is missing.
- If you try adding it via Adaptation, the field is also missing.
- Close the screens.
- Navigate to Products work center.
- Navigate to Registered Products work center view.
- Click +.
- See the field Customer is available in the Registered Product creation screen.
When the Registered Product is created out of an Installed Base, the customer of the Installed Base will be automatically copied to the Registered Product during its creation, therefore, the field is not required in the creation screen when this is made out of an Installed Base.
From the Products work center, as it is a standalone scenario, the field will be available.
This is the standard behavior of the system.
If you need this functionality urgently you may contact your implementation manager to help with such request or approach directly the SAP Cloud Service Center.
You can find more details about the services offered by Cloud Service Center . You can contact Cloud Service Center as follows:
- If you are a partner: please use email@example.com or the Partnerfinder
- If you are a customer: please use the little blue box “Contact Us” shown on the very right-hand side of SAP Application Development site , choose “Contact Us”, choose “Services”, choose “SAP Custom Development” and complete the page.
Note: The services of the SAP Cloud Service Center will be charged as packaged services based on fixed prices.
An alternative option may be to check the SAP Customer Influencer Site to submit an idea.
Registered Product, RP, IBase, Installed Base, Products, Installation Point, C4C, Cloud for Customer, Customer, Field, Not Visible, Unavailable, Adaptation, Service, , KBA , LOD-CRM-SRP , Service Request Processing , Problem