The user is facing a problem related to a data action that is supposed to calculate a numeric closing balance that is dependent on the opening balance and a cash flow. This ending balance is supposed to be carried forward to the next opening balance (e.g. closing balance of previous day equals opening balance of the following day). Although closing balance and opening balance match, the data action (carry forward logic) seems to ignore changes resulting from the cash flow.
SAP Analytics Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
Execute a Data Action Carry Forward
- Bug program
- The root cause is that the CARRYFORWARD() function does not work correctly if a dimension has an empty member (as Figure 1) and it's defined at MEMBERSET explicitly or implicitly.
- The current values in the table is with the empty member ID of the dimension "Created_On". For this reason, nothing happen due to the root cause.
This CARRYFORWARD() issue was fixed in Wave 2020.13.
The workaround could be that:
- It will work if customer set the non-empty member ID like "MEMBERSET [d/Created_On] = ("2000-01-01")"
- NOTE: The corresponding initial data which has the empty member ID of the dimension "Created_On" would be unavailable since calculation scope is changed to "2000-01-01" for example.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
logic, , KBA , LOD-ANA-PL-DA , Data Actions , Bug Filed