You are not able to change the Tax Date in an invoice created from a Scheduled Invoice Request.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing workcenter.
- Select the Invoice Requests view.
- Select the Scheduled Invoice Request XYZ(XYZ represents the ID of the invoice request).
- Click on the Invoice button.
- In the New Invoice, navigate to the Items tab
- Select the Line Item XX (XX represents the line item number).
- Navigate to the Taxes sub tab.
- You can see that the Tax Date is read only and cannot be changed.
The Tax Date of the Item in an Invoice based on Scheduled Invoice Request is derived from the Invoice Date maintained in the Invoice Schedule of the source document.
For the schedule type Partial Fixed Price the pricing is disabled, which includes the Tax Date. It is only possible to change the pricing information on the other schedule types (Periodic Fixed Price and Time and Material).
For Partial fixed Price schedule type, the sum of all the invoice schedule items should be 100% of the amount of the items in the source document(Sales order, Contract, etc). When you create the invoice schedule, you will have to create the schedule in a way that you distribute the amount across the various invoice schedule items to be 100% of the amount.
Therefore, the tax date is set to read only in Invoice based on Scheduled Invoice Request with the schedule type Partial fixed Price and the Tax Date corresponds to the date that is maintained in the Invoice Schedule in the corresponding Sales Order or Contract.
Allowing to change the list price at the invoice stage would cause inconsistency as you may not invoice 100% of the item.
This is the expected system behavior.
You need to adapt your invoice schedule accordingly.
2870164 - How is Tax Calculation Date Derived in Customer Invoice
Tax Date; Invoice Date; Invoice Schedule; VAT Change; Mehrwertsteuersteuersenkung , KBA , germany , tax , #covidgermanytaxchange , SRD-CRM-INV , Customer Invoicing , Problem