When adding a new item with a different Tax Date than the existing items in a Sales Document the following error occurs:
Only one tax rate allowed for tax type Value Added Tax and rate type ABC (country EFG)
ABC represents the Tax Rate Type e.g. Standard or Reduced.
EFG represents the Tax Country maintained for the Item.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
The issue can occur in any Sales Document such as Sales Quote, Sales Order, Manual Invoice etc. and also for any Tax Country.
We will use the example of a Sales Order and the Tax Country Germany and Tax Rate Type Standard:
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Select the Sales Orders view.
- Open Sales Order XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the Sales Order).
- Navigate to the Items tab.
- Add an Item XX and navigate to the Taxes sub tab (XX represents the line item number).
- Change the Tax Date.
- The following error is displayed:
- Item XX: Only one tax rate allowed for tax type Value Added Tax and rate type Standard (country Germany)
In SAP Business ByDesign, it is not possible to show the same tax rate type with two different VAT rates in one document.
This is the expected system behavior.
For more information on how to handle this issue in regards to the temporary Reduced VAT Rates for Germany please see:
Nur ein Steuersatz für Steuerart Umsatzsteuer und Satz Standard (Land Deutschland) zulässig; Tax Rate; VAT Rate; Tax Type Rate; Tax Type; Tax; Germany;#COVIDGermanyTaxChange , KBA , SRD-CRM-ORD , Orders & Contracts , AP-TTE-TC , Tax Calculation , Problem