How does log in behaves in different areas like add-ins and Mobile Apps after a reset/change of user password is done
SAP Cloud for Customer
- Below are the scenarios how it works in different areas
- In Outlook Add-in : If the user checked the box "remember password", after a password change in browser if the user opens and clicks on the log on button in the add-in it will say incorrect password and they have to enter the new password.
- Assume that the user has enabled "Auto Log on " in the add-in , when the user opens the outlook the add-in will try to log in and it will show InProcess for sometime because the new password is not updated, after few seconds it will show the log on button as default and the user need to click on that and enter the new password
- Now in mobile app - there are 2 scenarios, one for example user uses app where he has a passcode, now if the user just closes the app , now there is a reset of password that was done, when the user opens the app it will ask for passcode and it will allow the log in to happen, it will not ask the user for the new password
- In the above , if the user logs out of the app instead of closing , the next time if he opens the app (after a password reset in browser ) , it will ask for passcode, how ever this time it will take him to log in page to enter the new password.
However the recommendation is , as soon as a password is reset it is recommended to immediately log in to the devices & Add-ins and do the required action and update the new password.
password reset, change password , KBA , AP-RC-UIF , C4C UI Framework , Problem