You are running a report and would like to use a standard relative selection on a field. When you open the value help for that field from the selection area, you can only choose absolute values, however relative selections are missing.
- SAP Business ByDesign
- SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the work center Business Analytics and the view Design Reports.
- Open your report.
- In the selection area, open the value help of the field in question.
No relative selections are offered here.
This field comes from a cloud data source. There are no relative selections for such fields.
This can be enabled by creating a reference to another data source and field which already has a relative selection. Please follow these steps:
- Go to the work center Business Analytics and the view Design Data Sources.
- Find the cloud data source where your field comes from and click Edit.
- Find the respective field.
- In the column Referencing Data Source, select a data source which contains a field with the same information.
- In the column Referencing Data Source Key Field, select the field which contains the same information. Please make sure that this field has relative selections enabled. This can be checked by previewing the data source and opening the value help for that field.
- Click Save.
Note that by editing a cloud data source, all existing data is lost and you will need to upload the data again.
relative selection, select, missing, not available, data source, cloud, business analytics, reporting , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To