You tried to remove the Last Retirement Date of an asset as an attempt to enable the Deactivation Date, which is grayed out. However, upon saving an error message is raised.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Fixed Assets work center.
- Go to Fixed Assets view.
- Open the related Retired asset.
- Go to Master Data -> Life Cycle Data.
- The Deactivation Date is disabled. You remove the Last Retirement Date as an attempt to enable the field again.
- Click Save.
The following error is raised: 'The action RECALCULATE_VALUE_ADJUST is not possible. Refresh the screen and try again. If the problem persists, report an incident'
The asset in this scenario is a legacy/migrated asset, which has been scrapped via manual postings. Once the migrate asset is retired, the Deactivation Date is set and remains grayed out while migration is enabled in the system.
If you wish to turn the asset back to Capitalized status, you need to reverse the retirement posting. The posting can be found via Value tab -> Journal.
Alternatively, if you wish to remove the Deactivation Date, you may disable the fixed asset migration object, as follows:
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Implementation Projects view.
- Open the activity list and search for Enable or Disable Data Migration.
- Open the activity and unmark the checkbox for Fixed Assets and Fixed Assets (extended) migration objects.
- Save and Close.
After that, you shall be able to remove the Deactivation Date without the error message being raised.
Fixed Assets, Migration, Deactivation Date, Last Retirement Date, Depreciation, Migration. , KBA , SRD-FIN-FA , Fixed Assets , How To