You are looking to filter your report based on characteristic ABC (ABC represents the field name). However, the field cannot be selected and instead only field 'ABC (Hierarchy)' is available.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Analytics work center.
- Go to the Design Reports work center view.
- Find and open the desired report.
- Go to the report selection pane.
- Note that both fields 'ABC' and 'ABC (Hierarchy)' are present in the Selection pane.
- Open the value help for field 'ABC'.
- There are no values displayed. Instead, only the field 'ABC (Hierarchy)' is working when value help is opened.
This behavior is caused by a personalization done from User level. From Add Fields option in the report, when the field 'ABC' is selected, the option "Display in Hierarchy" was enabled. When the hierarchy is enabled, first the field 'ABC (Hierarchy)' needs to be filled and then the actual field 'ABC' can be selected.
If this is not the desired behavior, the user can simply unselect the "Display in Hierarchy" Checkbox in his personalization, from Add Fields option.
Hierarchy Fields; Hierarchy Characteristic; Display in Hierarchy; Hierarchy Reports; Hierarchy , KBA , hierarchy fields , hierarchy reports , display in hierarchy , hierarchy characteristic , hierarchy , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To