The following error message occurs when adding a Service in a Sales Document such as a Sales Order, Service Confirmation etc.: Item XX: Planned duration missing (XX represents the line item number)
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
We will use a Sales Order as an example:
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Select the Sales Orders view.
- Open Sales Order XYZ (XYZ represents the Sales Order ID).
- Navigate to the Items tab.
- Click on Add Row.
- Enter the Service ABC (ABC represents the Product ID).
- The following error occurs:
Item XX: Planned duration missing
The Unit of Measure of the Service is not a time based Unit of Measure (UoM) such as for example Hour(s), Month(s) etc. and there is no quantity conversion maintained in the Service Master Data from the used unit of measure to a time based unit of measure. For Services the Duration is mandatory. If a Service is not based on a time based UoM and there is no quantity conversion maintained, the Duration cannot be determined.
The Duration is the planned time for performing the Service. The system uses the duration to calculate the cost of a service in accounting.
- For Service - fixed price without actuals items the Duration is mandatory in the Sales Order since no Service Confirmation is required.
- For Service - fixed price and Service - time and material items the Duration is not mandatory in the Sales Order but it is mandatory in the Service Confirmation.
You can either manually maintain the Duration in the Sales Document in the Details tab for the Service of or alternatively in the Service Master Data:
- Go to the Product and Service Portfolio work center.
- Select the Services view.
- Open Service ABC.
- Click on the View All button.
- In the General tab you can find the table Quantity Conversion.
- Here you can maintain a quantity conversion for you sales unit of measure to a time based unit of measure.
[Enter your See Also here...]
Duration; Conversion; Sales Order; Contract; Service Order; Service Confirmation; Service Duration; Costs; Quantity Conversion; , KBA , SRD-CRM-ORD , Orders & Contracts , AP-SLO-SO , Sales Order , Problem