You have a requirement to update the data using Data Workbench, however you are unable to do so due to External Key not existing for the required records.
This generally happens for the sub node/ child object. If the parent object was not created via DWB then you won’t find the External Key. Hence while updating the child/sub object it becomes very tedious to update if the External Key does not exist for the Parent Object.
SAP Cloud For Customer
You may follow the below steps to import External Key by scoping the ID Mapping for Data Workbench.
- Go to Business Configuration
- Select Implementation Projects
- Select Edit Project Scope
- Navigate to Scoping Question phase
- Select and expand scoping element Built-in Services and Support
- Select Business Configuration
- Select Data Workbench
- On the right side select the question ->Do you want to enable ID Mapping?
After saving the above Scoping Question, ID Mapping option will get enabled in Data Workbench.
- Go to Data Workbench
- Go to Import view
- Select ID Mapping operation
- Select required Business Object
- Download the template
- Enter ID & External Key and save the template
- Import the template using ID Mapping operation
Now you have the external key for the required data which you may use while update/import of Sub nodes/child objects.
Note: Currently this functionality if available only for the limited objects which are listed under ID Mapping operation.
ID Mapping, External Key missing, Unable to update , Data workbench , KBA , how to update external keys , external key for existing records , LOD-CRM-INT-DWB , Data Workbench , Problem