You created a customer contract with an invoice schedule. You notice that the system created only one scheduled invoice request for your item whereas it has two different invoice dates.
You expected two different invoice requests and you want to create two different customer invoices.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice Requests view.
- Select the Scheduled Invoice Request ABC (ABC represents the ID of the invoice request).
- In the Details table, you can see that there are two line items for Contract XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the contract).
But you expected two separate Scheduled Invoice Requests created since they are related to 2 different invoice schedule dates for this item:
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Go to the Contracts view.
- Select the Customer Contract XYZ and click Edit.
- Navigate to the Pricing and Invoicing tab and to the Invoice Schedule sub-tab.
- Expand the related Line Item.
- You can see that there are 2 Invoice Schedule dates, for example:
- Invoice Schedule Date 01.07.2020
- Invoice Schedule Date 05.07.2020
The scheduled invoice requests were created together because the contract was created on the 04.07.2020. When the invoice schedule was created (due to the horizon maintained) there were two invoice schedules due to be created:
- Invoice Schedule Date 01.07.2020, as it was in the past.
- Invoice Schedule Date 05.07.2020, as it is within the Invoice Schedule horizon.
In this case, the system only creates one Scheduled Invoice Request for all relevant Invoice Schedules. It is the current system behavior.
When you invoice this Scheduled Invoice Request, the system will split the invoices according to the invoice schedule dates.
- Click the Invoice button.
- In the New Invoice screen, you can see that two invoices are suggested:
- One with the Invoice Date 01.07.2020
- One with the Invoice Date 05.07.2020
invoice schedule, invoice date, merged, combined, split, demande de facture, échéancier de factures
, KBA , SRD-CRM-INV , Customer Invoicing , AP-CI-CI , Customer Invoice , Problem