While rehiring a person from Onboarding you notice the following error message: "The Username already exists. Please enter a new unique value."
SAP Successfactors Onboarding
Reproducing the Issue
- Remove GlobalInfo and PhoneInfo from terminated employees profile;
- Complete Rehire application in RCM;
- Complete Offer Approval (if required);
- Initiate Onboarding;
- Perform Rehire Verification;
- Complete all onboarding steps;
- Go to Manage Pending Hires (or recruits);
- Receive error "The Username already exists. Please enter a new unique value." for that user.
This issue can have more than one possible cause. In this article we will cover only a configuration problem related to the Data Model settings. For this specific issue you'll notice that the entity userAccountInfo is not enabled OR the HRIS field user-name is not enabled in the data model.
The enity userAccountInfo and the HRIS user-name field must be enabled for a Data validation during the rehiring. Please go to Admin Center > Manage Business Configuration > userAccountInfo and enable this entity and the user-name field.
rehire, onboarding, username, already, exists, please, enter, new, unique, value , KBA , LOD-SF-OBX , Onboarding 2.0 , Problem