You are trying to remove an item in a Sales Quote. Some Items can be removed and others cannot be removed and the following error is displayed:
Item YY: Deleting document not possible; output history exists
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the New Business work center.
- Select the Sales Quotes view.
- Open Sales Quote XYZ (XYZ represents the Sales Quote ID).
- Navigate to the Items tab.
- Select Line Item XX (XX represents the line item number).
- Click on the Remove button. The item is successfully removed.
- Select Line Item YY (YY represents the line item number).
- Click on the Remove button. The following error occurs. Item YY: Deleting document not possible; output history exists
You have submitted the Sales Quote which created an Output Document.
Item YY is of type material. The deletion of an item of type material is not allowed as the system performs a check if an output history exists. If an output history exists in a submitted Sales Quote the deletion will not be allowed.
Item XX is of type service. The deletion of an item of type service is allowed as there is no check against the output history for service items.
This is the current system behaviour. For materials you need to cancel the item via the reason for rejection.
Quote; remove; delete; item; output history; deleting , KBA , AP-CQP , Customer Quote Processing , SRD-CRM-QUO , Quotations , Problem