- You create a new version of Lease Contract XXX (XXX represents the Lease Contract ID) as the Lease Contract is to be terminated earlier than on the original Contract End date.
- After closing the Lease Contract you execute the Lease Posting run.
- The run does not trigger any Lease Closing Postings. The Right of Use Asset is still in status Capitalized and not Retired.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- In the Lease Contract Management work center go to the Lease Contracts view.
- Search for all Lease Contracts and find Lease Contract XXX.
- The Lease Contract is Closed (so all clearings and payments are posted).
- Navigate to the Lease Posting Runs view and execute the run for Lease Contract XXX.
- Once successfully finished open the Application log of the run.
- In the log go to the Processed Successfully tab and here to the Lease Closing tab.
- There are no entries in the Lease Closing tab. The Right of Use asset is not retired.
To terminate the Lease Contract early you created a new Lease Contract version. The versions Start date is in the same accounting period as the new Lease Contract end date.
Currently, to trigger the Lease Closing Posting and to retire the connected Right of Use Asset for an early terminated Lease Contract, the new Contract version Start Date must be in an Accounting Period before the Accounting Period of the new Lease Contract End date.
- Lease Contract XXX originally ends on 31.12.YYYY.
- A new version is created, with start date 01.05.YYYY, in Accounting Period 005.YYYY.
- The new Lease Contract End date is 30.06.YYYY, in the following Accounting Period 006.YYYY.
We are working on extending the Lease Contract early termination functionality in on of the next SAP ByDesign versions.
For now, as Closing a Lease Contract is irreversible, send an incident to Support to request the final Lease Contract Closing posting, i.e. the Retirement posting of the connected Right of Use Asset from the Backend.
Lease Closing, Lease Contract, terminate early , KBA , AP-ACC-FXA , Fixed Asset , Problem