- The following Restart Onboarding Emails are not getting triggered after restarting an onboardee
- (ONB) New Team Member Onboarding Restarted - Hiring Manager
- (ONB) New Team Member Onboarding Restarted
- The custom Restart Onboarding Emails are triggered at the same time for the candidate and the Hiring Manager
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to the instance as an admin or Hiring Manager.
- Go to the Onboarding Dashboard.
- Locate the candidate that needs to be restarted.
- View Details for the candidate
- Restart the onboarding from the 'Actions' tab.
- Go to Email Services and see that no Restart onboarding emails are triggered.
There is a known issue regarding restarted emails in Onboarding and is currently being fixed via Enhancement.
Currently, the email triggers are not supported. The Engineering Team has provided a workaround to unblock the customers and can still continue to use the restart email functionality:
- Update/customize the template "(ONB) New Team Member Onboarding Restarted - Hiring Manager Template" and modify the category and trigger of the template to "(ONB) New Team Member Onboarding Restarted Category" and "(ONB) New Team Member Onboarding Restarted Trigger ".
- Then, both Manager and Onboardee's emails are triggered at the same time ONLY after the New Hire Data Review step.
In this case, once the email templates has been customized, make sure that the Hiring Manager completes the New Hire Data Review step first. After completion, then both emails are triggered for both templates.
PERMANENT FIX: After the enhancement has been completed, the below behavior should be observed:
- The Hiring manager template has to get triggered first after restart and should also indicate to the Hiring manager / HR Representatives to perform the New Hire Data review as well.
- The New Hire's template should get triggered after the New Hire Data review step as the new hire can only perform activities after that.
Additional Information: In order to check the status of the Enhancement ticket, this must be requested and posted from the SAP Influence Portal. Use the internal ticket OBX-15080
Onboarding 2.0, ONB 2.0, Restart email, Restart trigger, Onboarding, OBX, OBX-15080 , KBA , LOD-SF-OBX-EML , Notifications , Problem