Unable to set Break Grouping enabled when sorting in custom order in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise)
Reproducing the Issue
- Logon to SAC tenant and create a new story.
- Create a new table and insert multiple dimensions and measures to the table.
- Select one dimension and right click it.
- Select Sort Options and add a new custom order to it.
- Find it's not possible to enable Break Grouping.
- It's only possible to enable Break Grouping when sorting ascending or descending.
- This is a limitation in the product.
- Custom sort order does not support Break Grouping.
- In the modeler add description to each of the dimension members accordingly, so that A-Z sort with Break Grouping can be used to achieve the desired results.
- Or add a property to the dimension, and name the property members accordingly, so the same A-Z sort can be used to achieve the desired results.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , Problem