- In SAP HANA Database, you encounter an issue where disk space is growing
- Even after cleanup of table data and reclaim as per SAP KBA 2696420 How to Manually Reclaim LOB space on Hana, the /hana/data size does not decrease significantly
- Perhaps the table involved is already known to you, but if not you can run the HANA_Tables_LargestTables_* query from note 1969700 SQL Statement Collection for SAP HANA
- In the column LOB_DISK_GB, you can identify a large amount of space is taken up by LOB data
- To further drill down on the type of LOB data, execute the HANA_Disks_Data_Overview_* script from note 1969700
- Here you find a significant portion of the space is related to Packed LOB data i.e. column PLOB_GB
- Table Consistency Check (CHECK_TABLE_CONSISTENCY) against the table returns the following inconsistency:
ERROR_CODE;ERROR_MESSAGE ;SEVERITY;CHECK_ACTION ;AFFECTED_COUNT;DETAILS
5,406 ;Lob container with CID= xxx has unusually high overhead, binToRawRatio=5604.99 which is above the threshold of 10 with a total size of 317351264256. Please run REPAIR_HYBRID_LOB_OVERHEAD once on this table.;INFO ;CHECK_HYBRID_LOB_OVERHEAD;? ;?
- SAP HANA, Platform edition 1.0
- SAP HANA, Platform edition 2.0
DB growth, reclaim, defragment, MES_DB_AGGREGATE, OPTIMIZE_COMPRESSION, compression, , KBA , HAN-DB-PER , SAP HANA Database Persistence , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.