- Receiving the error "Please try again later or contact your system administrator." when opening JAM from the home page tile.
- JAM tile in SuccessFactors home page is showing "error occurred" message.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP Jam Collaboration
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to your SuccessFactors home page
- Click to open the JAM tile
- Error "Please try again later or contact your system administrator." received
- Then, try to open JAM from home page dropdown menu
- JAM opens successfully
This is a known incompatibility in the tile which impacts some instances, and our Product team has decided not to invest further efforts on it because of the following reasons ->
- The navigation functionality offered by this standard tile is easily replicable via a custom tile. Steps detailed in KBA 2950495.
- With the upcoming New Home Page Experience, this specific tile will anyway no longer be supported .
Hence, we would suggest you to apply the following workaround as an alternative.
Creating a custom tile for Jam access, disabling the standard tile.
Here are the steps->
- Go to Admin Center -> Manage Home Page.
- Find the “SAP Jam” tile and move it to “Not Used”.
- Next, add a Custom Tile
- Put in the desired tile name (e.g. “SAP Jam”) and click “Step 2”.
- Select tile type- Graphical (allows setting your own background image) or Static (you have to choose from a list of available icons).
Put in a desired tile title (e.g. “SAP Jam”).
Choose icon or background image, depending on tile type selection above.
Click “Step 3”.
- Choose target “URL”
- Put in the Jam access URL and click “Step 4”.
The URL will be in the following format-> https://jamX.sapjam.com/?companyId=< Company_Id>&idp=<SF_DC_URL>
jamX = Jam DataCenter number (e.g. jam4)
Company_Id= SuccessFactors company id (e.g. SFTest)
SF_DC_URL=SuccessFactors DataCenter URL (e.g. performancemanager4.successfactors.com)
An example URL for a Jam instance(connected to a BizX instance ‘SFTest’) in Data Center 4-> https://jam4.sapjam.com/?companyId=SFTest&idp=performancemanager4.successfactors.com
- In the ‘Assignments’ section, choose which employees will the tile be shown to, depending on how Jam access permission is granted in the instance.
Also, choose which section in home page will the tile be grouped under. Click Save.
- Click Save under Manage Home Page.
- The tile being displayed on home page.
jam, jam tile, jam tile error, jam tile issue, home page jam tile,CUB-54868 , KBA , LOD-SF-JAM , SAP Jam , LOD-SF-PLT-TIL , Custom Tile/Card Issues , LOD-SF-PLT-HOM , Home Page , Bug Filed