- The ASE_JAVA functionality is not available to execute some basic Java methods.
- Error 10762 is reported:
1> select java.lang.System.loadLibrary('zip')
Msg 10762, Level 16, State 1:
Server 'SYBASE', Line 1:
Cannot initialize the Java Virtual Machine because either the Java class library or PCA plugin library is missing, corrupted, or incompatible with the current server release. Contact your System Administrator for help.
- The ASE errorlog may show details about the reason, for example:
PCI(M1): WARNING: PCA JVM - DPRT White Listing file /.../ase160sp03plx/shared/ase/SAPJRE-8_1_034_64BIT/../jvm.wl is missing. This might bring a security vulnerability to ASE while loading dynamic libraries into JVM.
PCI(M1): ERROR: PCA JVM - DPRT White Listing is failed in initialization. This would lead to JVM boostrap failure and the ASE_JAVA functionality will not be available.
PCI(M1): ERROR: dispatch_j2vm; PCA/JVM failed to initialize its HostAPI
PCI(M1): ERROR: JNI_CreateJavaVM; PCA/VM FAILED; general failure
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 SP140 and higher
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 SP02 PL07 HF1 and higher
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 SP03 PL04 and higher
- Java in Adaptive Server Enterprise
jvm.wl, CR#805275, CR805275, 805275, plug-in , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.