- How to identify and edit a Picklist field that was a Legacy Picklist when the Advanced Report was originally created, but the Picklist has since been migrated to an MDF Picklist.
- The Picklist field is appearing on the Columns tab, but not on the Objects tab.
- Not able to change filters for picklist, after picklist migration.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- Advanced Reporting
Reproducing the Issue
See how to identify Picklist field that was a Legacy Picklist when the Advanced Report was originally created, but the Picklist has since been migrated to an MDF Picklist.
- Access the Report Center
- Edit the Canvas report
- Go to the query of the report and open the advanced reporting UI
- Go to Columns section (on this scenario we used the Employee Status as an example)
- Then go to the Objects section and see a similarly named field, but with “(Picklist Label)” at the end. this is the new MDF Picklist field.
The engineering team has made a code change on the advanced reporting to support the picklist migration. This change allows the previously created reports to work correctly without having to be changed by the customers to run them. To make the reports still usable after the migration the customers will see "ghost" fields on the columns section. See below further explanation on the resolution section.
This behavior is expected. If you want to change the report you can select the new fields, but as explained it is not required. If you want to delete these "ghost Fields" you can go to the Columns section of the query and delete them.
For addition information, please see below how to edit a Picklist filter after the migration:
- Using the same example, see below the filter on the picklist Employee Status
- As an example of a Filter for a normal field, when accessing the edit option to edit the filters on the report the field name is pre-selected (highlighted) and the values will appear on the screen, see below:
- This is how the filters will look like after the migration for the filters that were picklist
- To change the filter values it is required to go back to the Filter Field section, select the object, expand it and select the new picklist field. Select the field with similar name, ending with “(Picklist Label)”. Notice that there are values now “Report values”, but no “Selected values”.
Advanced reporting, picklist label, migration, ghost field , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ADH , Adhoc Reports & Report Builder , Problem