- A user which has all the required permissions to run a Canvas - Advanced Reporting query gets an "Error rendering list report component" message.
- The same report works for an Admin user and other users with similar permissions but different roles.
- This happens with both Online and Offline Export and can happen intermittently or not
- In the backend, support can observe the following error log: "SQL statement is too long"
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- Complexity of report query (number of objects, fields, calculated columns, filters, etc)
- Complexity of user's RBP roles/Target Population
"SQL statement is too long" indicates that when running as this user, the complexity of the current report query combined with the user's RBP target population causes reporting to create a statement backend that exceeds database limitations. There are 2 ways to resolve this:
- Simplify the report query - remove objects that are not in use, exclude fields that can be excluded, simplify filters, remove calculated column etc. This optimizes the report as well.
- Simplify RBP permissions - e.g. if user has 2-3 roles granting a certain Report or Employee Central Effective Dated Entity Field that has different target populations, please consider reducing the number of roles.
Option #1 generally works and is the easiest to apply. However, the support team cannot determine what should be changed/simplified in the report. Therefore, the test should be done on customer side.
Option #2 will involve a lot of re-evaluation of permission roles, but it is necessary to reduce complexity.
PS: The RBP configuration/evaluation is out of the support scope. Please contact your partner or the professional services if you need help to reduce its complexity.
SQL statement is too long, Error rendering component, report fails for one user, complex report, permissions, advanced reporting , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ADV , Advanced Reporting (ODS) , Problem