You created a Custom Party in the Fine Tuning Activity Party Role Definition with the Responsibility Role checkbox not active. You would like to add this in the Account Master Data tab Contacts under the sub tab Relationship but the Role cannot be selected as a Relationship Type.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- You created a Custom Party in the Fine Tuning Activity Party Role Definition with the Responsibility Role checkbox not active.
- You added this Custom Party in the Fine Tuning Involved Parties for a Sales Document e.g. Involved Parties for Sales Quotes and Quotes for Contract.
- Go to the Account Management work center.
- Select the Accounts view.
- Open the respective Account.
- Navigate to the Contacts tab.
- Select the Relationship sub tab.
- Click on Add Row.
- The Custom Party Role Z00 does not appear in the drop down list (Z00 represents the Custom Party Role).
- The determination via the Relationship Types for Custom Parties is currently not supported.
- There is also no Work Distribution available for Custom Party Roles which are not Responsibility Roles.
- Only Custom Parties which are maintained as Responsibility Roles can be added in the Account Master Data Contacts tab and the Responsibilities sub tab and/or can be determined via a Work Distribution Rule.
You can add the Custom Party manually in your Sales Documents.
The functionality for the determination via the Relationship Types for custom parties is currently not part of the SAP Business ByDesign
In order for you to directly get in contact with the decision makers in SAP Product Management, please submit your feature request via the SAP Customer Influence site. Customer Influence site for SAP Business ByDesign: https://influence.sap.com/SAPByDesign
Party Role; Custom Party; Z Party; ZParty; Relationship Type; Account; Involved Parties; , KBA , AP-RC-GEN-PAP , Party Processing , Problem