People search does not show result when the search string has hyphen ('-') in it.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to the instance.
- Search for any employee who has a hyphen('-') in his/her name, and put the hyphen in the search string.
Example-> Aaron Ch-an
- Search result will not be shown when the hyphen is put in the search string>
If the hyphen is removed from the search string, result will be shown.
Fuzzy Search feature is enabled in "Company System Setting".
- Go to "Company System Setting".
- Look for the feature setting "Enable fuzzy search function for People Search", whether it is enabled(checked).
This feature does not support Hyphens at the moment, it is a known limitation.
The present solution / work around options are-
- Disable the Fuzzy Search feature.
- Do not use hyphens in search string.
This will be fixed in the b2011 release.
People search not working, search not working, Unable to search, hyphen , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-SRH , Search , Problem