You have maintained E-Mail as Disallowed status in Contact master data - Marketing Consent tab.
When maintaining member for a new target group, this contact is still be found even you have set the Channel Permission as Allowed in the search filter.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Marketing work center.
- Create new Target Group.
- Go to step:Select Memeber.
- Show Corporate Accounts with Contacts view.
- Select Channel Permission as "E-Mail Allowed" in Corporation Account section.
- Click GO, you can see the contact ABC is listed in the result. (ABC represents the ID of a contact)
- Open the contact ABC master data, you will see the E-Mail is set as Disallowed in Marketing Consent.
You expect that this contact should not be allowed for mail channel and should not be listed in the result.
In target group member selection, you can set permission filter on corporate level or/and contact level.
The Channel Permission in Corporate Account section, considers the channel permission maintained in Account master data - marketing consent - channel table/list.
In Contact section, Contact Permission checks the general Contact Permission maintained in Contact master data (not the detailed channel permission for mail, post, etc)
In this case, the contact ABC belongs to account XYZ where channel permission is set to Allowed for E-Mail in the Marketing Consent tab. And the search filter is set on corporate level, hence, contact ABC is found and listed. (XYZ represents the ID of an account)
You have to set proper permission in Account and Contact master data, then use the permission in target group member maintenance to get the expected result.
marketing consent; chennel permission; contact permission; target group , KBA , SRD-CRM-MKT , Marketing , How To