When I open up the document generation template mapping tool and open a specific document template, I receive the following error
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.“
Employee Central - Document Generation
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to Document Template Mapping Tool
2. Search and open a document
3. Following error fingerprint is received fingerprint=b7b61ee3c427dcf8260f6c19a15359729608bbb3
Corruption of the placeholders marked in the document template mapping document
Due to corruption in the database tables for the document template placeholders, they need to be replaced and added back into the document template.
- Easiest way to fix this is to copy all of the contents of the template content, easy to way to do this is click in the text box, hit CTRL +A and CTRL + C on your key board.
- Open a new tab in SF, on the document generation template tool.
- Click create new > choose document template > In template content, paste the contents of the document you copied
- Ensure the placeholders appear as placeholders, go back to document template you copied data from, remove the template content, add a dot and save the template#
- After the save, click take action, make correction > add back in the original template content and save > Fixes the issue
Please use this workaround until the issue is fixed permanently by our engineering team.
Document Generation, Document Generation Mapping Template, fingerprint=b7b61ee3c427dcf8260f6c19a15359729608bbb3 , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-DOC , Document Generation , Problem