After executing Actual Costing Run, you find in App Material Price Analysis, there are Not Distributed price difference.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
Open App Material Price Analysis.
Check price difference value.
There are 2 main causes for the Not Distributed value:
1. Price Limiter logic
What is Price Limiter?
Price Limiter is a statistical quantity information in case of price difference postings without actual quantity movement. The price limiter quantity, for example, is updated in case of invoice receipts or order settlement.
The system will consider the Price Limiter quantity and by default, in case the Price Limiter value is bigger than cumulative inventory, system will only distribute the portion of cumulative inventory part of difference.
There is an example in attachment. Please check if you are interested.
2. Fallback strategy
If the cumulated difference is too low (negative), it may cause the actual value (prerequisite + difference) become negative. Since this is not reasonable to have negative actual value, system will use fallback stratery to determine the actual value.
The PUP is calculated with these priorities and you normally get relevant messages:
1. 'Cumulative Inventory' line (no fallback)
2. Receipts ('ZU') line (Info message C+ 135 in the log)
3. Beginning inventory ('AB') line (Info message C+ 138 in the log)
4. PUP-price of previous period (Info message C+ 136 in the log)
5. S-price (Info message C+ 137 in the log).
1. If you don't want to apply this Price Limiter logic, you could choose to deactivate it in the actual costing run setting:
In the Parameter setting for Settlement step in App Edit Actual Costing Run, tick on the flag "No Stock Coverage Check". Then run the Settlement step again.
2. For the Fallback Strategy issue, you need to find out which posting caused the big negative difference. You need to make correction on that posting.
CKMLCP, CKM3, exchange rate difference , KBA , CO-PC-ACT , Actual Costing , Problem