1. isql -i to run a script doesn't work. For example,
isql -Usa -Ppwd -Sservername -i dump_db.sql
After running above, the backup job is not executed, no backup file is generated.
dump database dbname to "/path/db.dmp" with compression = 4
-- e.g. dump database LS1 to "/logship/dump/database.dmp" with compression = 4
2. There is no problem with text or syntax in the script
3. Permission checked
4. Backup can be taken manually after logging on to ASE server
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
isql -i, script, od -c, dos2unix , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.