Starting August 14th, there will be changes on the password policy settings to improve security for both Employee Central and Non-Employee Central enabled instances.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
To better protect your account security, we now provide a set of best practices of password policy settings.
As an admin user, you can check the new password policy settings through Admin Center Company Settings Password & Login Policy Settings. We recommend that you adopt the following password policy settings.
Pre-requisite: Grant "Manage System Properties > Password & Login Policy Settings " permission for the admin user.
- Enter at least 6 in the Minimum Length and the Maximum Length fields.
- The password must contain at least two kinds of the following characters: numeric character, special character, upper case characters, or lower case characters.
- Enter a number larger than 0 in the Maximum Successive Failed Login Attempts field.
- Enter at least 2 in the Enable password history policy field.
- Enter a number between 1–365 in the Maximum Password Age (in days) field.
You can refer to this section of the admin guide on how to configure Password & Login Policy settings for BizX users.
Who will be impacted by this change?
- For existing users in BizX, when end user changes the password, the system will check whether their new password compliant with password policy setting. This is the existing behavior.
- For new users whose passwords are pre-defined via SFAPI and Import options in Bizx, please follow KBA 2957750 - Changes to user password pre-defined via SFAPI and Import options in Bizx.
KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-PWD , Password Policy Settings & Reset Password , LOD-SF-PLT-UIM , Employee Import Issues , How To