The following behavior occurs in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC):
- Story Bookmarks are lost in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- Problem happens after transporting a Story from DEV to PROD
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2020.8.22
Reproducing the Issue
- Logon to SAC DEV enviroment, create a story with 2 pages
- Transport the story to SAC PROD
- Logon to SAC PROD, open the transported story
- Add some bookmarks that are pointing to different view states in page 1
- Save the Story
- In DEV Environment, edit the story
- Duplicate page 1
- Delete original page 1
- Rename the copy of page 1 as it was page 1
- Save the story
- Transport the story to PROD
- Logon to PROD, open the story
- Bookmarks are not present
Both stories and pages have unique identifiers (IDs) that are used to link the bookmarks to them
When a story or page is deleted, all the bookmarks will be deleted as well
In the above example, the end user sees the story as if nothing happened, however the original page 1 with its ID is no longer present in the story, hence its bookmarks have been deleted by the system
In order to preserve bookmarks, avoid deleting the original Story / Page bearing in mind that:
- Bookmarks will not be overwritten as long as the ID stays the same
- Transporting and moving keeps the object ID - next transport updates moved objects in their new location
- Copying an object will overwrite any object with the same name and create a new story ID
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, bookmark, widget, page, story , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , Problem