A business rule is configured under Payment Information object to raise an "Info" type of message but when saving payment information the message becomes a "Warning Message"
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central - Payment Information
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to any Employee.
- Make changes to the Payment Information Portlet.
- Save the transaction.
- You will see that instead of Info Message it will give you a Warning Message.
This is an expected behavior.
Our engineering team made some changes in 2005 wherein if the rule that triggers the "Info" message is triggered along with a business rule that triggers a workflow, the message will become a "Warning" instead of "Info"
NOTE: The rule that triggers the workflow is created under "Basic" Rule Scenario.
To get the desired behavior, you need to ensure the following:
- The rules you have configured are created using the pre-delivered scenario "Rules for MDF Based Objects"
- You have separate rules for Workflow (Purpose: Workflow) and Raise Message (Purpose: Validate)
- The rules are assigned to their correct, respective areas i.e. saveRule for the Workflow rule and validateRule for the Raise Message Rule
More information on the Supported Purposes for MDF Rules in the following section of the handbook:
Supported Purpose for MDF Rule Scenarios