- It is possible to add a second Date type dimension to a planning model.
- This is useful for instance to create a Posting date dimension to use to enter a new monthly plan each month and quickly switch between the different plans.
- The Date type dimensions are populated by the system and cannot be manually edited.
- In the case where two date type dimensions are created, the dimension chosen in the field "Date Dimension used for Planning" in the model properties will be limited by the "From" and "To" fields selected. However, the second Date dimension will contain the complete list of years from 1900 to 2201. This makes it difficult to filter and select only the years needed in stories and other actions such as setting the data locks as expanding this dimension shows this long list of members.
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2020.17
This is a current limitation of SAC. Any additional date type dimensions will show the complete list of possible dates and cannot be limited.
There is no currently planned enhancement to define the time-range of additional date type dimensions.
The current suggested solution is to filter the new date dimension to the range of dates that you are actually interested in.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- 2851317 - Where can I find more information on SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) for Planning features and documentation?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Sac, Acquisition, Model, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working , KBA , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , Problem