How to configure SuccessFactors SMTP mail connector in Boomi?
You can connect to SuccessFactors mail server to send email notification using Boomi connector only if:
- You have purchased Boomi Platform license via SAP.
- You are using SF hosted cloud atom to execute your Boomi processes (Custom PRocess or Standard Package)
How can you configure Mail Connector for Custom Boomi process?
- While configuring Mail connector's Connection, you only need to configure "Host" and "Port".
- Port would always be 25.
- Endpoint for Host can be found in KBA 2257038 for each Data Center. However, recommendation would be to leave the Host field blank i.e. do not maintain any endpoint. As SF mail endpoints are only supported for SF hosted cloud atom, routing to correct host would be handled internally by SF atom server.
NOTE: Also, for custom Boomi processes where you have exposed Mail connector to environment Extension, You need to change the configuration explicitly in Environment extension too. As Environment extension configuration overrides Boomi process configuration, this needs to be verified to make sure your existing process execution do not stop.
How can you configure Mail Connector for standard packages provided by SAP?
- Standard packages are the one for which you cannot customize the content. You can only configure the connection in environment extension based on your data center.
- No change or configuration is required by customers for mail connector as configuration is pre-delivered with package.
- Do not maintain IP address for Host in mail connection.
- Do not use deprecated endpoint as documented in KBA 2257038
- You should use current active hostname. However, As mentioned earlier, recommendation would be to leave Host field blank.
SMTP, Mail server Boomi , KBA , LOD-SF-INT-BPI , Dell & Boomi Infrastructure , LOD-SF-INT , Integrations , Problem