The system allows users to apply for a leave period that uses up balances beyond the "Balance Cannot Fall Below" setting on a Time type
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- There are two time accounts A and B, for a given Time Type for a user, with balances 0 and 5 days left respecively.
- The "Balance cannot fall below" value is set to -2
- When the user applies for a leave, the expectation is that any Leave period beyond 7 days (-5-2=-7) should not be allowed by the system
- However, the system still allows the user to apply for a leave period upto 9 days.
This is an Expected behavior
- The Balance cannot Fall below setting is checked for each Time account that exists for a given Time type.
- That would mean, the system will allow a balance upto -2 ffor each of the Time Accounts A & B.
- Since the system will allow users to borrow 2 days in addition from EACH time account, the user can take upto 9 days of leave in the example here.
- Also, this setting doesnt respect any of the manual adjustments done to the Time account. See the KBA below :
2396647 - Negative leave balance even when account 'Balance cannot fall below' is 0
SF, EC, Success factors, Employee Central, Negative Time Account balance , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TIM , Time Off , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central all versions ; SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite all versions