Error 9840 reported both in application log and ASE log when importing data during system copy:
- (DB) ERROR: DDL statement failed
(CREATE INDEX "SOOS~SRQ" ON "SOOS" ( "MANDT" , "SNDREQ" ) with consumers = 3 , statistics hashing )
DbSlExecute: rc = 99
(SQL error 21)
error message returned by DbSl:
[ASE Error SQL21][SAP][ASE ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Enterprise]WARNING - Fatal Error 9840 occurred at Aug 17 2020 2:08PM. Please note the error and time, and contact a user with System Administrator (SA) authorization.
- server WARNING - Fatal Error 9840 occurred at Aug 17 2020 11:24AM. Please note the error and time, and contact a user with System Administrator (SA) authorization.
server Error: 9840, Severity: 20, State: 10
server Internal hash based statistics collection error on column (SNDREQ). Contact SAP Technical Support for help.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP NetWeaver (NW) - All versions
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
CR 822594, 822594, Fatal Error 9840, 9840, statistics hashing, create index , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.