When creating a business rule to raise a message you are not able to save it.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Configure Business Rules
- Click in the + button to create a new rule
- Select the Basic Scenario, fill the name of the rule and select the base object
- Click Continue
- Select the Raise Message action, select the message you created and the severity
- Click save
- the save button is greyed out and the rule is not saved
The error message you created has special caracter such as "" in the external code field and because of that the system is not able to save the rule.
- Go to Manage Data
- Select Message Definition and the messge you have added in the rule
- Take Action->Make Correction
- Update the external code field so it does not have ""
- Try to create the rule again
cannot save rule, unable to save rule, special caracter, message definition, "fingerprint":"b50ca0eb3f8f86dad21c671d391994fabded5f29", "fingerprint":"83d741787750cafe04355802a7ad1aa30b436249", "errorId":"de8ad3f3-0bf7-4315-8969-3e693e10623d", com.successfactors.rel.service.InvalidRuleExpressionException: error:Invalid input , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-PAY , Payment Information (Bank Information) , Problem