- Perform MDF Object Definition sync via Instance Sync tool but it fails
- Error report shows it failed due to error ADMIN_INST_SYNC_GEN_IST_GROUP_PROCESS_VALIDATION_ERROR
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Enter instance > Instance Synchronization Tool
- Create a sync package for MDF Object Definition
- Select the objects to sync
- In question "Do you want to overwrite the existing MDF Object Definitions in the target instance?", select "YES"
- Run the sync
- Error shows in the report/excel file; error is ADMIN_INST_SYNC_GEN_IST_GROUP_PROCESS_VALIDATION_ERROR
Logs find error: Artifact Configuration for mdfRule not found hence skipping to add in dependency graph
The Instance Sync tool includes dependencies on other Object Definitions in the Sync i.e If an Object has a dependency on another object, that dependent object will also be included. However, this is not the case for Rules.
When you select the "MDF Object Definition for Sync", then the Instance Sync included the dependencies of the object in the sync. One of the Object Definitions has a dependency on a Rule which was not the part of Sync and is not available in the target. So while syncing that Object Definition in the target, it failed due to the missing Rule configuration in the target.
Sync the Dependent MDF Rules or all MDF rules first before syncing MDF object definitions.